Business Before Hours/Morning Mingle hosted by allnex, Inc.
7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - Networking and Breakfast (Business Before Hours)
As a monthly networking and seminars event, the Morning Mingle is a vital component in the Greater New Haven Chamber's array of benefits. These events offer the opportunity for business people from both large and small companies, representing almost every facet of their organizations, to come together for networking and educational programming.
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Council Seminars
Seminars at the Morning Mingle:
Human Resource Council -The Essentials of Updating Your Personnel Policies
Martha Royston, Esq - Pullman & Comley, LLP
The Essentials of Updating Your Personnel Policies:
In this information-packed seminar, you'll learn about the laws and best practices that every HR professional should include in their company policies to ensure safe and legal compliance with state and federal employment laws. This seminar will address critical HR issues including:
- Key changes in state and federal employment laws
- References, background checks, and drug tests- what's legal and what's not
- Federal Mandated Drug Testing
- Tips on Diversity and Inclusion
Technology Council-CyberSecurity; Not a destination, a way of life.
Mario DiNatale, CTO, Kyber Security
Mario DiNatale (LinkedIn profile) one of Connecticut's most recognized ethical hackers, presents an entertaining examination of the future of cybersecurity defenses for business.
During this talk Mario will cover the following topics:
- The new cyber-threat landscape
- Why the current methods of combatting cyber-crime aren't working
- How to identify trends in cyber security defenses that will bring the most value to an organization
- Predictions on the future of cyber security and strategies that can be implemented today to protect organizations from threats
Nonprofit Resource Council- Network Mapping Session
Have you leveraged the network of your board? It's not just asking for more money or for them to take on the role of fundraising. It is empowering them to become actively involved in influencing the success of your organization. Who will be your next board member? Sponsor? Donor? Find out how to maximize the network of your board with this hands-on session on Network Mapping, facilitated by Harwood Development Design.
You'll learn, step-by-step, how to conduct a network mapping exercise with your board. We will supply you with resources to bring back to your organization and begin the exploration into all that is possible with the influence of your board.