Accounting Clerk - Full-Time
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for helping with various office tasks including cash receipts, processing of accounts payable invoices and reimbursements, general ledger transactions, and complying with approved financial policies and procedures.
This is a year-round, benefits-eligible non-exempt, full-time (37.5 hours/week) position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the School's credit card program, review employee's credit card expense reports for accuracy, compliance, and proper authorization and act as a liaison between Choate and the credit card institution.
- Help process daily bank deposits, cash receipts and journal entries on Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Perform general ledger research and analysis as requested.
- Provide back up for A/P functions: review and process vendor invoices and employee reimbursements; produce payable checks and EFTs.
- Provide back up A/R functions: process payments, credits and charges in the Power Campus student billing system and assist during the enrollment process.
- Assist with external billing.
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Assist with capital projects and equipment.
- Perform other financial and administrative office duties as assigned.
- Communicate with parents regarding billing, payments and contracts; vendors concerning required documentation and payments; faculty and staff answering questions about vendor payments and reimbursements, travel policy, and acceptable expenses.
- Assist with various surveys and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college level accounting classes or Associates Degree preferred.
- Proven accounting experience in different areas of a Financial/Business Office including general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable including solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Advanced MS Excel and Word proficiency required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and special projects as needed.
- Organizational skills, accuracy and attention to details a must.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) a plus.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for extended periods of time.
To apply, please click on this link: choate.hiringthing.com/job/77158/accounting-clerk