Assistant Director, Donor Relations
Reporting to the Director of Development Communications, the Assistant Director plays an integral role in establishing a structured, systematic program for donor stewardship while maintaining the School's reputation of integrity and fiscal responsibility. This position ensures donors are consistently informed of the importance and impact of their gifts to Choate Rosemary Hall.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
- Create compelling and dynamic correspondence and content (print, e-communication, and video) to help foster and sustain substantive relationships between the School and its supporters.
- Manage an efficient and timely gift acknowledgement process that ensures all donors are thanked in an appropriate, consistent, and meaningful way.
- Contribute to the financial and impact reporting process for endowed funds, buildings, and capital projects, including preparing and sending reports, analyzing data, responding to donor inquiries, and other reporting projects as identified.
- In collaboration with the Directors of the Annual Fund and Development Communications, develop and execute a stewardship plan for annual giving, including first-time, leadership, loyal, and reunion donors.
- Compile alumni and student stories which can be used for engagements, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage signage throughout campus, including creating and maintaining an inventory of existing plaques and available naming opportunities.
- Coordinate the production and installation of recognition plaques, benches, trees, etc.
- Play a vital role in all donor-focused events in collaboration with the Events team and coordinate small-scale donor events, including but not limited to dedications, scholarship events, and parent gatherings.
- Manage donor stewardship materials and gifts for the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development Communications.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in the field of development.
- Superb writing and oral communication skills with demonstrated proofing ability.
- Creative approach to content creation and curation and an aptitude for visual communication.
- Adept at interacting with high-level donors, prospects, Trustees, and School officials with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement, make decisions based on established policies and procedures, and determine when others should be involved.
- Keen sense of discretion, especially when dealing with confidential material.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally and to work evenings and weekends as needed.
To apply, please click on this link: choate.hiringthing.com/job/78481/assistant-director-donor-relations