Must be knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of billing. Five (5) years experience in health care, Bachelor's degree preferred. Candidate must have strong analytical skills, be a dependable team player. The Billing Analyst 3 represents COMC in interaction with insurance carriers, IPA’s, Hospitals and patients.
Some duties but not limited to:
- Process payments and insurance activity to patient accounts.
- Updates account information.
- Interacts frequently with office staff to insure smooth flow of communication. Develop and maintain team building relationships with current and future staff.
- Investigates billing problems and formulates solutions.
- Answers incoming phone calls related to billing issues. Advises patients about payment and insurance, takes messages as necessary. Directs calls. Composes and types letters as required for patients.
- Has a sound understanding of multiple insurance plans to insure proper collection of payments.
- With concurrence of Business Office Manager, posts adjustments to patients accounts according to written policies and procedures.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Discuss coverage benefits, expectation of payment and deposits required with patient.
- Billing of primary and secondary charges to insurance companies.
- Posting patient and insurance payments as received.
- Follow up with patients on past due balances.
- Follow up with insurance companies on past due balances.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding systems.
- Superb Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of Centricity helps, but must have experience both as end user and set up in an EMR/PM system.
- Excellent Communicator, e-mail, letters, training, writing process and procedure, telephone skills, communicating with patients, providers, physicians, and staff.
- Excellence in problem solving.
- Coding certification helpful but not required.
1) Letter of Introduction or Cover Letter
2) Recent Updated Resume - include any recent written references you may have
3) Salary requirements and Salary History