Boiler Operator oversees the monitoring and control of steam production, plant water and air in the plant's boilerhouse. Performs tasks related to maintenance repairs, as directed by supervision.
- Perform work ordinarily done by some or all other maintenance crafts (In cases where the Mechanic is unable to perform the work, he/she will contact a Maintenance Supervisor for further instructions)
- Electrical troubleshooting which includes; circuit breakers, fuses and diagnostic troubleshooting to the component level.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of rotating equiments, individual gearboxes, pumps and agitators.
- Able to work rotating shifts schedule.
- Operate and monitor steam production, plant water and air generating equipment. Conduct testing and report problems as necessary.
- Support WWTP Operator as required to operate press and other functions not requiring WWTP certification.
- Must be willing to complete training and become a part of the allnex WL plan Fire Department's team.
- Prepare, complete, update and maintain all reports, records and documentation as asigned or necessary, including the use of company IT systems for work orders, purchase requisition, receiving and time entry.
- At least 1 year of boiler operating experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use all materials, equipment and tools used by any craft in maintenance
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Reading comprehension
- Troubleshooting boiler operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State Operating Stationary Engineer OE-2 License
- State Driver's License required
- Exert up to 40lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 30lbs of force frequently
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree
- Contact with water or other liquids; or exposure to non weather-related humid conditions
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.