At allnex, you can go to work knowing you make a lasting impact on the world around you. Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products; from interior coatings for airplanes and scratch-resistant coatings for smartphones, to corrosion protection for cars, and even printing inks for glossy magazines. We are present in 4 regions, with more than 4,000 employees globally, and serve customers in over 100 countries, which makes allnex the world's leading industrial coatings resins company.
Directly responsible for the efficient operation of the shift. Monitor and control Waste Water Treatment Plant to support production and meet state and federal operating and reporting guidelines.
- Operate and monitor all phases of operation of the equipment associated with the Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Perform all duties including sampling, testing, reporting, computer monitoring, and inputting operational data required maintaining compliance with permits and regulations.
- Adjust process variables based on laboratory test results, instrument reading and observations. Remove all collected solids from treatment plant basins.
- Assist in off-loading sludge when necessary to tank wagons for off-site disposal.
- Perform minor maintenance duties and program automatic sampler as necessary.
- Perform WWTP Laboratory Technician duties in conjunction with or in absence of the WWTP Laboratory Technician. It is intended to have the Group Leader work as a day worker, Monday thru Friday (except when filling in for the Relief Operator), although the Company maintains its right to change the Group Leader position to a shift worker
- Provide communications and coordination with appropriate Department and Plant personnel as necessary to assure safe and efficient operations.
- Adhere to all environmental practices, standards, rules, procedures and requirements. As trained, handle hazardous waste in accordance with department procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all Plant, safety, environmental, quality and regulatory standards, policies, rules and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Required skills and experience
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Advanced mathematics preferred
- Basic chemistry and biology preferred
- Waste Water concentration calculation, daily usage and gallons conversion using basic mathematics
- Understanding regulations and other legal requirements
- High School Diploma required
- Class II Operation License preferred or ability to obtain license with necessary pre-requisites
- Handle/Haul to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently.
- Requires walking, standing and climbing to a significant degree.
- Contact with water or other liquids; or exposure to all weather conditions.
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary.
- Manual dexterity needed for repetitive tasks.
- Safe working environment
- Competitive salary with great benefits
- Health insurance
- Professional development opportunities
- Friendly and professional atmosphere
Equal Employment Opportunity
“ allnex is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be given equal consideration, regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, marital status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other status or class that is protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Any answers to questions on this Application will not be used to discriminate against any applicant. If you have a concern in this area, please notify the Human Resources Department.”
Find out how you can make an impact!
Check out our career page for available opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you.